You’ll find a mushroom for every meal in store. That means squidgy, meaty shiitakes that taste good simply sautéed, humble brown or white ’shrooms made for bolognese and other sauces, as well as delicate oyster mushrooms that shimmer in broths. Pre-packed Italian and Asian mixes are fantastic roasted with garlic, used in soups, added to risottos or stir-fried. And remember: you don’t need to wash mushrooms – just wipe with damp kitchen paper or remove any soil with a mushroom brush.
SPICY MUSHROOM STIR-FRY
- Asian mushroom mix
- Blue Dragon Wholewheat Noodles
- SpinneysFood Broccoli Stir Fry
- Lee Kum Kee Chilli Sauce
- Slice the larger mushrooms. Cook 4 noodle nests according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Set a wok with 1 tbsp olive oil over a high heat. Fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes, then tip onto a plate. Return the pan to the heat and add the stir-fry vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and mix in 1 tsp chilli sauce and a splash of water.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with the stir-fried vegetables.
- Italian mushroom mix
- Campbell’s Vegetable Stock
- SpinneysFood Fibres+ Bread
- Chop 1 onion. Set a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil over a medium heat. Cook the onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Season and set aside 2 tbsp for garnish.
- Pour 500ml vegetable stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Drizzle 2 slices bread with oil. Griddle for 2 minutes. Pour the soup into bowls, garnish with the mushrooms and parsley and serve with the toast.
CREAMY MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
- Brown chestnut mushrooms
- SpinneysFood Crème Fraîche
- SpinneysFood Free Range Eggs
- SpinneysFood Everyday Wholemeal Bread
- Thinly slice the mushrooms. Set a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary, if you like. Season well and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tbsp crème fraîche and reduce the heat to low. Keep warm while you poach 2 eggs.
- Toast 4 slices bread and divide between plates. Spoon over the creamy mushrooms and top with the poached eggs.