Wewalka fresh pizza dough is the perfect no-fuss solution when you fancy pizza pronto – just roll out onto the parchment provided and start adding toppings of your choice. And your options don’t end there: the dough is also a great shortcut for a host of other recipes and works brilliantly when used as a replacement for pastry, too.
Spinach and ricotta pizza plait
Prepare 10 minutes
Cook 35 minutes
- 750g SpinneysFood Baby Spinach
- 500g ricotta
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 85g parmesan, grated
- 1 sheet Wewalka Pizza Dough
- 1 SpinneysFood Free Range Egg, yolk only
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6.
- Set a pan with the spinach and 1 tsp water over a medium heat. Cook for 1 minute. Tip into a sieve and press to remove any liquid. Chop and place in a bowl.
- Add the ricotta, nutmeg and parmesan. Season and mix well.
- Unroll the dough and parchment onto a baking tray. Spoon the filling down the middle, leaving a 3cm gap at the top and bottom. Cut the dough at an angle on either side of the filling into 1.5cm strips. Tuck over the edges and plait the strips.
- Brush the pizza plait with beaten egg yolk and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
TWO MORE IDEAS
Arrange artichokes, sautéed mushrooms and mozzarella on a circle of Wewalka Pizza Dough. Brush the edges with egg and fold over. Bake for 25 minutes at 200˚C, gas mark 6.
Spread Wewalka Pizza Dough with mascarpone, pesto and grated parmesan. Roll into a cylinder and slice into rounds. Bake for 15 minutes at 200˚C, gas mark 6.