Enjoy the best of the gorgeous weather and make the most of your outdoor space this month by turning it into an extension of your living area. A simply laid table (or picnic blanket), unfussy menu and hungry family members really are all you need.
A couple of colourful salads help add a little sunshine vibe to proceedings – try a simple rocket and cucumber salad to start things off:
or this grilled asparagus, corn and romaine salad:
The great thing about an antipasti board is that you can offer something for everyone:
People of all ages love pizza. Make your own pizza dough with this basic recipe:
- 610g strong wholewheat bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 18g fast-action dried yeast
- 1 tbsp SpinneysFood Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and 1½ tsp salt. Stir in the oil and slowly add 280ml warm water. Mix well to form a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Once the dough has risen, create cute little pizza buns for the kids:
or these potato and broccoli pizzas with bresaola, truffle oil and egg for the adults:
Make sure everyone saves room for shrikhand pie: