- 1 portion pizza dough, or 3 ready-made pizza bases
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 90g mozzarella, torn
- 90g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 120g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 16 basil leaves
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Put a pizza stone or baking tray in the oven and heat on the highest setting for at least 15 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into three equal-sized balls. Roll each out to a circle around 4mm thick.
- Mix the passata, tomato purée and garlic and spread over the bases. Scatter over the mozzarella and monterey jack. Arrange the tomato slices on top. Season.
- Transfer the pizzas to the stone or tray and bake for 5 minutes. Top with the buffalo mozzarella and cook for 5–7 minutes, until crisp. Garnish with basil and parmesan and serve.