- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8cm piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- zest of 3 lemons, plus 1 tbsp juice
- 2 tbsp spinneysFOOD Fine Cumin
- 2 tsp spinneysFOOD Fine Coriander
- ½ tsp spinneysFOOD Fine Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 2.4kg leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
- 250g Greek yogurt
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- lemon halves, grilled, to serve (optional)
- Put the garlic, ginger, zest of 2 lemons, spices and oil in a blender and blitz to a rough paste.
- Score the lamb all over in a criss-cross pattern. Coat with the spice paste, then wrap in cling film. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Lightly oil a large roasting tray.
- Combine the yogurt, lemon juice and remaining zest and coriander. Season and chill in the fridge.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge, discard the cling film and place on the prepared tray. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes. Light the barbecue.
- When the barbecue is ready, grill the lamb for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred.
- Cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Carve the lamb and serve with the yogurt and grilled lemons, if you like.