- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp SpinneysFood Fine Cinnamon
- 2 tsp SpinneysFood Fine Coriander
- 2.5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 pinch saffron, crumbled
- 2 tbsp SpinneysFood Honey
- 1.2kg lamb shoulder, boned, rolled and cut in half
- 4 fresh figs, halved
- 2 large red onions, cut into wedges
- 200g puy lentils
- 200-300ml hot beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste, lemon zest, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, saffron and honey. Season.
- Rub the paste all over the pieces of lamb. Transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Put the figs, onions and lentils into a large roasting tin. Place the lamb in the centre and pour 200ml stock over the figs and onions.
- Roast for 1½ hours for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on the lentils, adding more stock if they look dry.
- Carve the lamb into slices. Serve with the figs, onions and lentils, spooning any juices over the top.