- ½ large pineapple (approx 650g), cut into chunks, plus wedges to serve
- 50g ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Put the pineapple, ginger and thyme in a large saucepan. Pour in 1 litre water and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes until the pineapple is soft.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve into a large jug (discard the ginger and thyme). Put the pineapple and 4 tbsp strained liquid in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a large serving jug. Mix in the rest of the tea and leave to cool for an hour. Serve chilled topped up with ice cubes and pineapple wedges.