- 150g sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- pumpkin seeds
- silver string
- 400g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- Turn the fondant out onto a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar and knead for 3-4 minutes, until you have a smooth ball.
- Break off a small piece of fondant and roll into a ball. Gently pinch one end to form a mouse shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Use a skewer or a toothpick to create small indents for the eyes.
- Make ears by poking the pointed end of 2 pumpkin seeds above the eyes. Add short lengths of silver string for the tails.
- Carefully transfer to a wire rack lined with baking paper and leave to dry out for several hours or overnight.
- Pack in pairs (so they aren't lonely) into transparent plastic tubes shaped like Christmas crackers and give as a gift or attach them to your Christmas tree by their tails.
- Put the icing sugar in a bowl, add the condensed milk and peppermint extract and beat with an electric hand whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth.