- 4 plums, halved and stoned
- 320g SpinneysFood Caster Sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- 6 SpinneysFood Free Range Eggs, whites only
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white grape vinegar
- 300ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Oil a baking tray.
- Arrange the plums cut-side up on the tray and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender. Leave to cool.
- Reduce the temperature to 120°C, gas mark ½. Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 24cm diameter circle.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric hand whisk until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, and beat until thick and glossy. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Spoon into the circle and spread to the edge. Cook for 1 hour, then turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool with the door closed.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, lightly whisk the cream in a bowl. Spoon onto the meringue, top with the roasted plums and drizzle with the juices.