- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 4 turkey rashers
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 650g asparagus, trimmed
- 3 firm avocados, quartered
- 40ml white grape vinegar
- 8 SpinneysFood Free Range Eggs
- 50g baby spinach
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Oil a baking tray.
- Arrange the turkey rashers on the tray and cook for 5-8 minutes until crisp. Leave to cool, then break into crumbs.
- Put the potatoes and thyme in a roasting tray with 3 tbsp oil. Season, toss together and roast for 10 minutes, until light golden. Add the asparagus. Cook for a further 10 minutes and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, set a griddle pan over a high heat and brush the avocados with the remaining oil. Cook for 30 seconds on each side, until lightly charred. Keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the vinegar and reduce to a simmer.
- Use a whisk to create a vortex in the water. Gently crack the eggs into the centre, one at a time, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft.
- Mix the baby spinach, pumpkin seeds, potato and asparagus together. Arrange on a platter with the griddled avocado.
- Allow your guests to help themselves to the salad, topping each serving with a poached egg and sprinkling generously with the crisp turkey crumbs.