- 300g Vivaldi potatoes
- 20g butter, melted
- 120g blue cheese, crumbled
- 300g cooked lamb leg meat, shredded
- 100g plain flour
- 2 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp spinneysFOOD Sunflower Oil
- rocket or watercress, to serve
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-18 minutes, until very tender. Drain, return to the pan set over a medium heat and dry out for 1 minute.
- Tip into a bowl and pour over the butter. Mash well and leave to cool. Stir in the cheese and lamb, then season. With wet hands, form heaped tbsp of the mixture into 12 cylinder shapes.
- Put the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in separate dishes. Season the flour. Roll the croquettes in the flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs. Arrange on a baking tray. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Put the mint, vinegar, sugar and 4 tbsp just-boiled water in a blender. Season, blitz to combine and set aside.
- Drizzle the croquettes with the oil and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve the croquettes with the mint sauce and rocket or watercress.