- 75g cocoa powder, sifted
- 360g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 260g spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
- 4 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs
- 200g spinneysFOOD Self-Raising Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g white chocolate, broken
- 200g spinneysFOOD Icing Sugar, sifted
- 150g spinneysFOOD Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- In a bowl, whisk the cocoa powder and 175ml boiling water together until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line 18 cupcake tin holes.
- Put 260g butter and the caster sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir to combine. Divide the mixture between the prepared holes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the remaining 100g butter until pale. Beat in the icing sugar and cream cheese, then pour in the cooled melted chocolate and beat until thick. Chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Use the icing to decorate the cupcakes then serve.