- 200g Red Fox Red Leicester Cheese, grated
- 80g spinneysFOOD Diced White Onion
- 195g can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 tbsp spinneysFOOD Dill fronds, hard stalks removed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spinneysFOOD Parsley leaves
- 250g fine polenta
- 100g spinneysFOOD Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 400ml whole milk
- 2 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs
- spinneysFOOD Smoked Salmon, to serve (optional)
- cream cheese and dill, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3. Line a 900g loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the grated cheese, onion, sweetcorn, dill, parsley, polenta, flour and sugar. Season with a pinch of salt and ½ tsp pepper, stir well to mix then set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, milk and eggs together in a separate bowl. In thirds, stir the liquid into the dry mixture, making sure it’s fully incorporated before adding more.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve straight away with smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill, if you like, or enjoy the next day.