- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 650g cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 240ml coconut milk
- 40g black sesame seeds, toasted
- 60g pine nuts, toasted, to garnish
- micro herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Set a large saucepan with the oil over a medium heat. Add the cauliflower, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the garlic has softened.
- Pour in 1.2 litres water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in batches). Season, return to the pan and keep warm over a low heat.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the sesame seeds and a pinch of salt to a powder.
- To serve, divide the soup among six warm bowls and garnish with the sesame salt, pine nuts and a few micro herbs, if using.