- 150g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 2 white-fleshed nectarines, chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 3 tbsp runny honey, or to taste
- ½ vanilla pod, split
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 270ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 spinneysFOOD Free Range Egg
- spinneysFOOD Sunflower Oil
- 75g buckwheat flour, sifted
- 35g wholemeal flour
- Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Put the raspberries, nectarines, honey and seeds from the vanilla pod in a pan set over a medium heat. Bring to the boil briefly and add the chia seeds.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened to a jam-like consistency.Remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the milk, egg, oil and a pinch of salt together. Combine the flours.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, add the milk mixture and stir until the batter is smooth. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Set a small frying pan with 1 tsp oil over a medium-high heat. Ladle in ⅛ of the mix. Cook for 1 minute on each side and keep warm while you cook the rest of the batter, adding more oil if needed.
- Top the pancakes with the extra raspberries, nectarines and some Greek yogurt, if you like. Serve the raspberry and chia jam on the side.