- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp each runny honey, malt vinegar and Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook for 12-15 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stir in the purée and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, honey, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, season, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until thickened.